share visit
27Jun2013

Dr. Brad, How Is Your Wife, Lisa, Doing?

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE aware that my wife has been ill with double pneumonia and praying, thank you so much for your genuine concern and prayers. Our strength is through numbers and your prayers are heard.

She left the hospital a few weeks ago and is progressing weekly. Many of you have asked about her and I felt it important to let you know how well she is doing. She has battled asthma all of her life but recently, has been having an increasingly difficult time with breathing. After being treated for 4 months for “bronchitis,” she was urged to go to the ER to be checked. The ER doctor picked up on something unusual on her x-ray and called in a pulmonary specialist who confirmed that she had double Cryptogenic Organizing Pneumonia, a non-bacterial, non-viral type of pneumonia.

She still has a ways to go…will be on steroids for a few more months but Praise God, is improving weekly. Thank you so much for your thoughts, your prayers and your notes to her. She is the greatest blessing that God has ever seen fit to bring my way so she’s pretty important to me.

God has reminded me during this difficult time that our spouses are God’s gift to us while we’re here on earth, to be respected, treasured and loved with everything we have. I, and my wife, will be forever indebted to you for your love and support while we were hurting.

In His Love,
Dr. Brad

Discussion

32 responses to "Dr. Brad, How Is Your Wife, Lisa, Doing?"

• Mike Masinelli says:

Dr. Brad,
    So sorry to hear about your wife. My thoughts are with your wife, you and your family. Certainly wish for a healthy recovery.

God Bless,
    Mike Masinelli

• Mike Masinelli says:

Dr. Brad,

God Bless,
    Mike Masinelli

• Anita Friedman says:

So sorry to learn of your wife’s illness. Wishing her a speedy and complete recovery.
    Find comfort knowing that so many care.

• Anita Friedman says:

Find comfort knowing that so many care.

• Jean Sampson says:

It was a joy to read your kind words and good reminder how much we should treasure our spouses. I did not know about Lisa’s illness and am thankful to hear that she is improving. I am also thankful that I have a dentist that I know is a pray-er and depends of strength through God. We will be praying for her continued recovery and look forward to updates on her progress.

• Jean Sampson says:

• Carol Adams says:

I am so sorry to hear about your wife. I had no idea y’al were going through this. I am so sorry but glad to know that she is getting better.

Carol

• Carol Adams says:

Carol

• Mike Ray says:

Dr. Brad,
    Did not know that your wife was sick but certainly I’m glad that she is recovering.I know you are being a great nurse!TYake care1

Mike

• Mike Ray says:

Dr. Brad,

Mike

• Claralee Benningfield says:

I’m so glad to hear she is doing much better. The Lord is wonderful and has definitely brought you both through this! I’ll pray for continued improvement!

• Claralee Benningfield says:

• Richard L. Lee says:

Dr. Williams,
    I am so sorry to hear about Lisa and I can assure you she will be in our hopes and prayers every day.

• Richard L. Lee says:

Dr. Williams,

• Kathy T says:

Glad to hear she is continuing to improve! Hope you are spoiling her! 🙂

• Kathy T says:

Glad to hear she is continuing to improve! Hope you are spoiling her! 🙂

• Mike, thank you so much for the kind words. She is progressing steadily and very thankful for all the prayers.

God Bless,
    Dr. Brad

God Bless,
    Dr. Brad

• Thank you, Anita. She isn’t 100% just yet but is progressing steadily. Thank you for your concern.

• Jean, it was great to see you today. Thank you for your prayers and concern. We know where our strength comes from, don’t we!

• Thank you, Carol. God is good!

• Thank you, Carol. God is good!

• Mike, I don’t know how “good” a nurse I am but I know how “tired” a nurse I am…thanks for the encouragement. She’s doing better every day!

• Hi, sweet Claralee! Yes, the Lord is good and Lisa is doing much better. She still has some slight complications but is much, much better. Thank you so much.

Dr. Brad

Dr. Brad

• Hi, Dick. Irene was in the other day and I updated her as to Lisa’s progress. She is doing better and we know everyone’s prayers were a big part of her recovery.

Dr. Brad

Dr. Brad

• Spoiling is an understatement!

• Spoiling is an understatement!